UC1 Helmet (Neon Yellow/Blue)
Brand new unused helmet, just has a paint defect as per pic, hence price.
Comes with a spare visor included.
- Multiple intake and exhaust ports to keep you cool.
- ECE R22.05 and DOT Certified.
- Lightweight Carbon-Fiber and Kevlar reinforced, Fiberglass shell construction.
- Dual density EPS liner.
- A size L helmet weighs 2.95 pounds
ECE R22.05 and DOT Certified.
About ECE Certification:
The ECE standard motorcycle helmet certification, R22.05, is the most widely used in the world. It is recognized or required by over 50 countries and every major racing organization, such as AMA, WERA, FIM, CCS, Formula USA and MotoGP.
ECE testing is currently the most rigorous and most up-to-date helmet standard. For the most part, it is a combination of testing procedures also completed by DOT and Snell, with a few additional requirements.
- Visor is tested as an integral part of the helmet
- Impact absorption by dropping helmet onto a flat anvil
- Shell is tested for deformation under weight of nearly 150 lbs.
- Testing chin strap buckle for slippage
- Testing for abrasion resistance
- Chin strap material is tested for tension failure at over 670 lbs. of force
- To gain ECE certification, a manufacturer must send a batch of 50 production versions of the helmet for independent testing.
The testing is done in a third party lab with witnesses from both the manufacturer and the ECE in order to grant certification.